Saturday, November 16, 2013

Baby #2 Update

We went for our second visit to the doctor yesterday. I thought I'd share the experience with you.

It actually started 3 days ago. We went on Wednesday night, which is a 20 minute ride away. You don't make appointments here, doctors just have certain hours that they work every day. Our doctor works from 6-8pm. We arrived to the office at 6pm, went to the desk to tell them we were there to see Dr. Singh, and they looked at us like, "who?" We said, "we are here to see Dr. Singh. Is she here?" They told us that she, in fact, was not there. She had gone on vacation and would be back Friday. Touche... this happened the first time we went to see her also. Kyle said later, "first time- shame on them... second time- shame on us." So, that was our failed attempt on Wednesday.

So, yesterday (Friday), we went back to the doctor, arriving at about 6:20. We tell them we are there to see Dr. Singh, is she here, and they say yes and tell us to sit down. So we do. For an hour and a half. At 7:40, she walked in the front door of the clinic, and we went back about 10 minutes later. Are you kidding? I mean, I know this is South Asia, but you're a professional doctor! Come on!!! So, Kyle and I and our 2 larger-than-life attitudes walked back to her office. She asked me if she'd seen me in her office before. I said yes, but left out the "I'm pretty sure I'm the only white girl patient you have right now" part. My head is so sassy sometimes! Then, she asked me why I didn't bring my paperwork from last time. I told her no one told me I was supposed to, to which she rebuttled with a short lecture about how she can't treat me properly without knowledge of previous appointments. Sassy thoughts continue... After that, it got better. I laid down to have the ultrasound done, and she said, "Do you have any twins in your family history?" I quickly said, "no, no one in my family has twins... and neither do I... only 1 baby..." She didn't think that was very funny. Oh, well.

All that said, baby F2 is doing great, measuring at 14 weeks and 2 days, and developing well! Every time I see babies (in real life or on the computer) I get really excited to meet my baby! Corinth was a spectacular baby, and I know they won't be the exact same, but I hope our 2nd is as enjoyable as our 1st is! God is good, and we are so blessed! Thanks for listening to my prego-rave! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! I would have been thinking/saying sassy things too! Thinking about going through pregnancy outside of the U.S. makes me nervous! You are so brave!

    ReplyDelete