Saturday, February 15, 2014

Baby Update!

This will be a very short baby update! Tuesday, my friend (a photographer), my language helper (who is great at henna), and I went to take some pregnancy pictures. I did not get to take pregnancy photos the first time I was pregnant, because they were scheduled for after Corinth was actually born! Therefore, it was very important to me to have some taken this time. Part of these photos were family, but part were just me, in traditional local clothes, and with henna on my belly! It was totally weird to all locals who saw it, but I didn't care- it was super fun! Hopefully I'll get the pictures back soon so I can share some while I'm still about the same size!

Kyle and I went to the doctor this week, and everything looks great with Baby Ferg! He/she has moved up some, so is not in as much danger for early delivery as he/she was before! We are still going to the capital city early, just in case, but that was great news! Also, when the nurse went to do the ultrasound (which is done at every appointment here), she lifted up my shirt, saw my henna, and gasped! I looked down, forgetting that I had henna on my belly, and we both laughed at the same time! She told the doctor, who also thought that it was very funny, and said, "in all my years as a doctor, you are the first patient with henna on her stomach!" I take that as an honor! :-)

 We are thankful for a great pregnancy so far! 28 weeks and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment