Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Where do we really live?

I just have an intense urge to write a blog entry tonight...


Tomorrow, our family will travel for the millionth time. Let me take you on a tour of our "family travel history."


February 2011- married, living in Fort Worth
November 2012- moved out of apartment and into parents' houses for holidays, living in Kansas and Carrollton
January 2013- moved to Richmond, VA for 2ish months
April 2013- moved to South Asia
May 2013- moved back to Kansas and Carrollton because of medical reasons
October 2013- moved back to South Asia, in a city we will call "home city"
February 2014- moved to D-ville for 1 month (after flying to a neighboring country for 3 days for a visa run) for language school
March 2014- moved to D-city for 3 months for baby's birth
May 29, 2014- moving back to "home city"


Our family is exhausted. My daughter, 2+ years, has never lived in one place for more than 6 months. My son who is 26 days old will go on his first plane tomorrow, and his 2nd and 3rd flights will be in another month. The plane ride tomorrow will be Corinth's 17th flight. Every time we pack our suitcases, my daughter is so upset. Tonight when I put her to bed, she said, "Don't go bye-bye Mommy." I told her she needed to go to sleep and that we were all going bye-bye tomorrow. Her response was, "Don't leave me, Mommy. I go with you." Break my heart, child. It's hard enough on adults to travel and live out of a suitcase as much as we do, but when I know that it's hard on my kids, I feel so helpless. I feel like I'm dragging my kids through mud, and they are being drug with NO CHOICE. I feel like a bad mommy. I know that doesn't make me a bad mommy, but I sure do feel like one sometimes because of the life we've chosen for our family. I know we are trusting in God, following Him, and abiding in Him, but it's still hard. Please pray for our family as we travel tomorrow and as we transition back to what I have been telling Corinth is our "other home." Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment