Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mommy Moment

After watching the movie Mom's Night Out at the end of a long week of single parenthood (because my hubs has been out of town all week), I was inspired to write a blog. :-)

I talked with a good friend this morning. She and I have been friends since 8th grade, she was a bridesmaid in my wedding, yet we haven't talked in about a year (which I hate!) Well, anyway, as many people say when I talk with them after a long time, she said, "I don't have anything interesting going on in my life. You're the one who lives on the other side of the world!" TRUE. I do live pretty much on the exact opposite side of the world from America. It is also true that the culture I live in here is COMPLETELY different than the culture that I grew up in and most of my family and friends still live in. But, my life really isn't that much different.

I'm God's child. I'm Kyle's wife. I'm Corinth and Noah's Mommy. And I like to tell people about Jesus. If you are a faithful follower of God, that shouldn't sound too far off from your life. My days consist of learning language (which I know isn't normal), but also of making meals, feeding little people, changing diapers, cleaning, teaching my preschooler, reading books with my kids, and playing. It is really easy to live here and think, "What am I doing here? What's the point? I'm doing the same thing here that I would be doing in America." But then sometimes I realize, "that's okay." That's OKAY. What did God purpose me for? To be His child, desiring an intimate relationship with Him, striving to glorify Him with my life. In that comes sharing His love with others, which I do. To be Kyle's wife. He made no accident when He sent us both to Panera bread on February 28, 2010. To be Corinth and Noah's Mommy. When it is super hard because you can't put your clingy mama's boy down for 5 seconds to discipline your toddler in all of her terrible-two-ness, and when I get emotional at the end of the day because I think about how much of the day was discipline and correction and how much of it was laughter. (And now I'm crying again.) When I feel like I can't give my kids what they need. When I feel like they are lacking because I am lacking.

But God does not make mistakes. He made me His child. He made me Kyle's wife. And He made me the Mommy of the two greatest blessings in my life apart from Christ. The Duggars (yes, I watch them!) say to each other, especially on difficult days, "these are the best days of our lives, and we don't even know it." Pray for me (and for yourself)- that I would be His child, desiring Him, and that He would give me joy in all of the things that He has blessed me with and entrusted to me. Pray that my heart would be content in all circumstances. And pray that the love of the Lord would run deep, in my heart, in our family, and in the body of Christ all over the world, whether we are in America, or all the way "on the other side."




2 comments:

  1. I am so proud to have you as my big sister. I love you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words. I think all of us here on the other side wrestle with what you have written.

    ReplyDelete