Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sew: A Needle Pulling Thread

 
I love sewing! They have an entire building here dedicated to quilting and sewing, and I have spent A LOT of time there! I have made 7 purses, 2 computer bags, a quilt, and a baby blanket. Every time I go in, I find something else I want to make! It has been really fun for me to make things, and I have learned so much that I can hopefully pass on to others someday. A group that came and visited gave some money to the quilting quad to equip a few people here with sewing starter kits. The quilting teachers picked serveral women here that they think show potential for teaching sewing to others overseas, and they chose me! I was SO HONORED. I know that my very first sewing teacher, Karen Y, and my sewing buddy, Sarah W, would be so proud of me! I enjoy sewing, and I look forward to doing more overseas! Here are just some of my projects!


No comments:

Post a Comment