Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Names and Sick Monkeys

This one will be short!

Last night, we went to a study of The Word at a young, new believer's house. She and her sister (16 and 14) have started this study and have all of their family (including their unbelieving parents) coming, as well as a few other friends. After the study was over, the girls told Kyle and I that our names are very difficult for people here to pronounce. (Kyle's 'y' is uncommon and my 'th' is uncommon.) Therefore, they gave us new, Hindi names! My name is Jyoti and Kyle's name is Prakash. Both mean "light." I like it! (Though I still like Kathy better!)

Also, Corinth has been sick with a deep chest cold the last 3 days. Today, while my house helper was mopping, Corinth and I sat on the porch. I hung a little trash bag on the bar of the balcony "fence" so that I could throw the 1 million tissues Corinth was going through into it. We came back inside for a few minutes, and when we came back out, I noticed that the monkeys had ripped a hole in the bag and taken some of the dirty tissues out. I told Kyle, and he I both said that we hope all the monkeys get sick from it! Kyle's language teacher thought this was hilarious and had a very good laugh over it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment