Monday, March 10, 2014

Kathmandu and Language School

Sorry it's been a few weeks! I'll try to give a short update on our life the last 3 weeks!




All foreigners in our country have to leave the country every 6 months to renew our visas. The easiest place to go is Kathmandu, so for our first trip out, that's where we went. (We haven't been here 6 months yet, but 6 months would be right around when the baby is due and the airlines don't allow you to fly after 36 weeks.) We had a great 3 days there! Our highlights were the zoo, which all 3 of us loved, and eating good food, including legit MEXICAN FOOD. I was absolutely happy!




Then, we came back to our country, but to a different city, to do 4 weeks of intensive Hindi grammar school. The city is the polar opposite of our city- clean, quiet, green, safe, and has tons of good food and good things to buy at the stores. It definitely feels like vacation! We go on walks at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times, which we all love. I can let Corinth play outside without fear of monkeys or cars or strangers trying to take her. It's wonderful! The Hindi classes are very in depth, so it is a ton of information to take in in such a short amount of time. So far, our heads haven't exploded!



We have been here for 2 weeks, and will be here for 2 more before we go to the capital for more language learning as we await the arrival of the baby. I went to the doctor last weekend, and everything looks great with the baby. I'm having ongoing pain in my upper right rib area, which the doctors attribute to excess gastric acid. They gave me some medicine to take when I want to, and told me things I can and can't do for eating. Kyle's making sure I don't eat anything I actually want to eat. (Not really, but he is doing a good job monitoring everything!) This city has great ice-cream, which helps with acid, so I've definitely has a few helpings of that! :-)




I was going to upload some pictures from our trip, but the internet won't allow me to right now, so check my Facebook for photos! Talk to you soon!







1 comment: