Sunday, July 13, 2014

Seasons

When I was growing up, my favorite season was summer, because that meant my birthday and many, many days watching The Price is Right and going to the pool. As I got older, my favorite season was spring, because everything blooms and is so beautiful. Also, there are lots of thunderstorms in spring, which I have always loved. I also enjoy winter, especially if I'm somewhere where it snows. There is just something so magical about snow! But, until just a few years ago, I NEVER understood when someone said that their favorite season was fall. Yuck! (Other than it being football season, which I absolutely love!) To me, all that meant was, "my favorite season is when everything dies!" But then, I saw what I had only heard of previously- the leaves turning! It was beautiful. Now, I recognize that there is a calmness about fall- where everything cools, relaxes, and cozies in.


Just like the seasons of the earth, seasons of our life all have goods and bads within them. My friend used this analogy in a meeting I recently attended, and it really hit home hard. Our family (and especially me) is very much in a season right now that seems to me much like what I previously thought was fall. I can not see much good in all of the things we are going through right now. But, I know that it is not forever, it is only a season. And, I know that within this season, there is still some good. I may not understand or see it yet, much like I didn't understand how beautiful changing leaves were until I saw them for myself, but I know that God is working good for us, even now.


Please be in prayer for our family and for me. Please pray for healing from deep, painful experiences, for protection for all the members of our family, and for peace and joy in all circumstances.

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you sissy! Will you call me so we can talk? I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will continually keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers! Someone who has been a tremendous encouragement to us, is Rolland and Heidi Baker. Their message is uplifting in times of suffering. Hope you're able to listen to some of their messages.

    https://www.irisglobal.org/news/newsletters/view/relationship-in-the-kingdom

    May the Lord Bless you and your family!

    Samuel and Charity Jackson

    ReplyDelete