Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Ugly Wall



So, when you walk in through the gate to our apartment complex, this is what you see. An ugly, dilapidated, colorless, lifeless wall. Every time I come home, this is what I see. Not exactly "homey." But then, a few months ago, a little tiny plant started to grow. Now look at it. It's not big, it doesn't overtake the wall, and if you don't think about looking for/at it, you will still only see the wall. But look. It's beautiful. One day when I walked in, I finally noticed the flowering plant. A tiny little plant with tiny little flowers. Sometimes my sweet Corinth goes and picks one of those flowers for me because that's one way she shows me that she loves me. Now, I choose to walk in and watch my little plant grow. Every day it becomes more beautiful! Maybe it didn't really change, but in my eyes it gets more beautiful every time I see it. I think about how this relates to my life. I so easily see the negative in situations. The funny thing is that people support me in it! "Oh, Kathy! I can't imagine how you do what you do! I could NEVER do that!" That's pretty much a free ticket for whining! Sometimes I whine, and I simultaneously annoy myself. Yeah, I know that's weird. ANYWAY... I'm trying to look at my life as I look at this picture. I can very easily see the yuck in my life. But I really WANT to focus on the beauties. It sounds easy, but it's not. You can pray for me in this- pray that in all circumstances I give thanks (like 1 Thessalonians says), and that I would be able to be happy about all of the beauty in my life, because there is more than enough! Thank God that His blessings are new every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment