Saturday, April 6, 2013

Here in Spesterra

We are here is Spesterra. That is Latin for 'land of hope.' I'm still throwing around the name, but I think that is what I will say when I refer to our country from now on! (If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!)

Our family on the long plane ride


We had a good 14 1/2 hour plane ride and have settled into our training center for 2 weeks. After those two weeks, we'll be off to our city! The time here has been good. Before we came, Kyle tried to prepare me for what Spesterra would be like by saying things like, "it will assault your senses" and "Spesterra is like a whole other world." So, in my mind, I prepared for... well, okay... honestly, I prepared for the worst. Well, that worked out in my favor, because it's not as bad as I expected! Really, it's a lot (to me) like Peru, which I spent a summer in and have a forever love for, so that is really good! We have had trainings in the morning, and then are free to go around town in the afternoons! Here are a few pictures from our first few days here! Thanks for reading, and please comment so we know we're not alone!

us on the roof of our building

my new clothes!
 
some girls my friend and I met yesterday

 

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are adjusting well. Love your colorful new clothes! Give Corinth a hug from Gran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time so far! Love reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos, love the clothes (are you going to start sewing your own soon?), love the blog! Glad everything is going so well. Hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I'm glad you like your country, can't wait to hear all about your city too!! :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete