Monday, April 22, 2013

Our First Week in our New City


We have finally arrived in our new home city. It is very, VERY different than I expected. I hear “city of 3 million people” and think “a city.” Then, I arrived. I saw a “city of 3 million people” and thought “…village… dirty village.” The first day was rough mentally and emotionally. However, we have found some good things in the city already, and the weather has been unseasonably cool (only in the 90’s) so that was nice to have as we transition into life here.


We went looking for flats (apartments) the day after we got here, and the day after that we signed a lease. The flat is new construction and is not finished yet, so our friends are being so generous to allow us to live with them until our flat is complete. We will have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment with a living room, dining room, kitchen, and 2 porches. I’m hoping that we have nice, friendly neighbors- perhaps that speak English! J I’m also hoping that we find areas close to our home where Corinth can play (parks) and that she will have fun as she grows up here.

We miss our families and our friends. We love you all, and it’s hard to be away from you. Not having reliable internet makes it even more difficult, but we have hopefully gotten that figured out and can skype, email, call, and text you now! If you have a smart phone, download the free app Viber so we can call and text for free!

We started language learning yesterday. We each have tutoring sessions for 2 hours each day for 5 days of the week. Then, we are supposed to study what we’ve learned, as well as practice it in the community. On top of that, doing everything around the house (cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, getting to the stores, etc) takes so much more time. I’m a bit overwhelmed at how I’m going to do it all, but I know that many other people do it, so hopefully I can figure it out also. J

Love you all! Thanks for praying for us!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you knowing He is faithful! Thank you for being honest about where you are at...the Lord's strength and peace are shining through :-). Corinth is so cute and I can't wait to see the fun places she finds to explore!
    Heather croft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to just focus on the couple of hours that lie before you and use them wisely. Don't worry about all the other stuff to be done. It will all come together piece by piece. Find peace and joy in every moment. I have no doubt that you can handle everything you face. You and your Father are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of my big sister!

    ReplyDelete