Saturday, December 28, 2013

Baby Update!

While we were in Delhi, I went for my mid-pregnancy appointment to the OBGYN that I plan to use for delivery (assuming I make it to Delhi!) Everything went great! I got to sit there for about 40 minutes and watch my baby while the ultrasound technician measured and checked everything on Fergie 2. In our country, it’s illegal for the doctors to make known to the parents the gender of the baby. This is because boys are highly prized and girls are often seen as a curse from the gods, and are often aborted if found out about (and sometimes simply discarded after birth). I don’t understand this part of the culture at all, and mourn over the lostness of this sad mentality. However, because of that, we will not be finding out the gender of our baby. At first, that made me really nervous. Now, it just makes me somewhat nervous! J I’m pretty darn sure I know what we are having, but for this Type A planner to not know is just a little out of my comfort zone. However, I think about how every other woman in this country doesn’t know, and how our parents didn’t know, and it makes it a little more bearable! Anyway (rambling!), the ultrasound was great, the hospital was nicer than I expected, as was the doctor, and I left with a very positive attitude about everything. Fergie 2 is healthy and measuring exact to the day! The doctor still wants me to come 6 weeks early because of how early Corinth was, but our company only sends us 4 weeks before, so we’ll see what happens with that. Pray that the right decision is made by the people who make those decisions (not us!). I will be taking weekly baby belly shots and putting them on Facebook if you care to see the bump as it continues to grow! For now, I’ll leave you with 2 pictures- the first of which is from the day I found out I was pregnant, and the second is today, at 21 weeks! J
Bumpless belly pic!
Right before my morning run (back when I lived in a city where I could run... sigh)
 
 21 weeks- over halfway there!
(Side note- I will be wearing this same outfit every week. Reason? I don't wear western clothes at all here, so I don't have very many, and the clothes I DO wear here look ridiculous for belly pictures!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you can see the difference, but you look the same to me! Thankful all is going well with baby #2.

    ReplyDelete