Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mother of More Than One

I have been having a difficult time lately, thinking about how different life is going to be with two children. Don't get me wrong- I am THRILLED to have another baby, I'm just sad that life will never be the same as it is now. (Tears already flowing as I write this...) I cherish my moments with Corinth. Even when she's not a perfect angel, I still love her so much. I love laughing with her, I love holding her hand, I love making faces at her at the table, I love when she gives me tight hugs, I love singing songs with her, I love when she makes sure her kiss is exactly on my lips. I love it all. Every day she makes me smile, and every day I am reminded that she is one of the greatest blessings of my life. Life is so wonderful with Corinth, Mommy, and Daddy. And I am afraid of everything changing. And I'm not so naïve as to believe that things won't change. They will have to. I feel like my time with her is slipping away, maybe because she's getting bigger (and I don't like it) and maybe because I know there is a +1 coming soon. I don't want to be sad when I put her to bed because I know another day is over, but I'm having a hard time with this season of life. I've heard that going from 1 to 2 is the most difficult transition, and I absolutely believe it. I want to be all that I can be for my kids, and I want them to all have wonderful, full lives. I would love to hear from those of you with multiple children advice or thoughts on this. This Mommy needs your prayers also. Thanks friends.



 

4 comments:

  1. Don't wish for the past or worry about the future. Enjoy the blessings of life in the moment. God has it all planned for all of you, including Corinth's job as an awesome example as a big sister and a helper to you. You will find all the love you need for as many kids as God blesses you with and each of them will continue to bring you years of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day, Sally said, "Sophie is my BEST friend!" to which Sophie replied, "I love you Sally." And Sally, "I love you too Soph." Don't think about losing this season with Corinth. Think of the precious gift you are giving to her in a sibling. A friend for LIFE! A best friend. There is nothing like growing up close to your siblings. Especially right now, I feel like my time is so stretched between all four kids and that I just don't have nearly the time I would wish for to give each of them attention. But, I am so thankful that Sophie and Sally have each other to play with. Down the road, if you have other kids, I bet you will be too. It will be a challenge, but you will be so busy that you won't even have time to worry about it. And you will have this new precious face, looking up and adoring you! It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may sound trite, but it's real: live is multiplied with the addition of a child. You will get to see Corinth grow as she takes on the role of big sister. Your relationships take on new dimensions, and they are good. Life is more complicated, but such a blessing. We are commanded to be joyful because He knows we tend to fret. Thank Him and let Him bless you beyond belief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't speak as a mother of multiple children (I wanted 4-5!) but I can speak on what I have witnessed from Godly mothers I have watched parent multiple children. I see mothers who learn and exercise an abundance of patience (We all need that). I see women who submit their pride and turn instead to humbleness while serving their families.(We all need that too!) I see a lot of sacrifice from them to bring Glory to the one who deserves it all. I see mom hearts overflowing with love for all of their children. I see children who light up at the very sound of their mom's voice. If God's Love is big enough to encompass all of us, surely He can provide you with more than enough love to give the blessed gifts of children that he gives you. As you grow in numbers , allow God to grow in in you. Enjoy each phase in your life, and embrace it with a grateful heart.
    I am praying this over you right now, "So not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all human understanding, will guard your hearts, and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

    ReplyDelete