Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pre-Christmas!

Christmas is FAST approaching! Am I ready? No, I have a million things left to do! Am I otherwise ready? Yes, I LOVE Christmas! This year it is very different, not only because we are away from pretty much everything and everyone that we know, but also because our family is trying to be very intentional about celebrating CHRISTmas, and not presentmas, treemas, or american-secularismmas. Which do you celebrate?!? At first I thought, "this is dumb! I want a tree, and Santa, and lots of presents, and everything Christmassy." But it has been great!

We love doing Advent every night. I made a felt Advent/Jesse tree last year, and we have loved having our Advent time in the evenings. Every night, we have an ornament, story, prayer, song, and special candy. Corinth loves it, and several times a day goes up to the Advent box and says, "please. please. please." I love it! Also, we (I) have been crafting a lot. This has seemed to be one of the things that makes me feel most at home. That, and baking, which I have also done a lot of. If you know me well, neither of these activities should come as a shocker to you! :-) We also had an Elf-watching party (also, not a shocker!) and it was great! So fun, and really got me in the Christmas mood!

We are planning on having a team Christmas party Christmas Eve, and then having our own Christmas on Christmas morning. Christmas evening we are having a party for our neighbors and some friends. Hopefully this will be a good time of outreach and that many neighbors come! During those days we will also Skype with family, which we are really excited about! We have many things to look forward to! Please pray for us (especially for me) as this is our first Christmas away from home and I'd be lying if I said I would rather be here than home. I know God has us here, and I have peace about that, but it doesn't stop the longings of my heart for family!

Merry Christmas from the Fergusons, and I really hope you know Jesus and focus your time in the next week on HIM and the wonder that He loved us so much to save us. He is our Lord! Merry Christmas!!!

Yes, I bought a Christmas outfit! (After all, I am a teacher at heart!!!) :-)
 
Our Advent Tree! (It's more filled in now- only 4 days left!)
 
One of the many crafts we've done! This time, our neighbor and his mom joined us! :-)
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed by your intentional CHRISTmas! You are in my prayers always. Love to know of the joy crafting and baking are bringing you. Merry CHRISTmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete