Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Bhabi

There is a woman in my city whom I lovingly refer to as "Bhabi. "'Bhabi' (pronounced 'bobby') means sister-in-law. I call her that firstly because she is my good friend/language helper's bhabi (my language helper's brother's wife.) But I also just really love her and enjoy spending time with her when we can. Bhabi has been married for 5 years, 4 of which she and her husband have been trying to get pregnant. They have both had all of the tests, which all have come back normal, but still nothing happened. They, especially Bhabi, have been so discouraged for so long. Then, Bhabi came to a Sanctity of Life training that I and my language helper did at my language helper's home. She invited her neighbors and family, and 15ish people came (which is a fairly close-to-perfect number for a training!) We shared the knowledge we had with these women, knowing there were women in the room that were struggling with many different things. Some had recently had abortions. Some had grow to old age without ever having children. And some, including Bhabi, were of child-bearing age, but could not conceive. Well, Bhabi must have been paying close attention, because 2 months after the training, she was pregnant!!! She didn't believe the doctors, and asked me to come over to her house. I read the paperwork and told her, yes, she was pregnant. After my confirmation, her eyes lit up- now she believed! I got to tell her all about the first weeks of pregnancy (as she was only 3 weeks along when she found out and told me!) She told me she wanted me to come to all of her doctors' appointments with her, to which I gladly obliged! (I guess I'm now her unofficial doula!) I am so thrilled! :-) We went to her first ultrasound a few weeks ago (when she was 8 weeks pregnant), and she got to hear the heartbeat and see the baby in an ultrasound for the first time. I wish I would have videoed her response, because it would bring tears to your eyes. I snapped a picture of the moment, so I'll let you imagine the rest. Pray for Bhabi- she is not a follower of Jesus. I pray that she will know Him personally one day, and that she will also know that this baby is a blessing from God (as all are!).


No comments:

Post a Comment